What you can expect from us
CRHS – City School ProgrammeAs well as meeting identified regular core curriculum learning goals, an activity based therapeutic programme will also be included. The programme will focus on the Key Competencies (The New Zealand Curriculum–Ministry of Education, 2007)
- Thinking Skills
- Relating to Others
- Using language symbols and texts
- Managing Self
- Participating and contributing
Transition PlansCRHS – City staff will work with your family, regular school, mental health team and any other significant people to actively support your transition. You can expect to be treated as an important part of your own team. Together we will work towards meeting your transition goals
EnvironmentCRHS – City is a centrally located school with easy access to public transport and community facilities.
You can expect:
- A locker to place your belongings
- Kitchen facilities to prepare the lunch you bring
- Access to music as negotiated with staff to meet your needs
- Up-to-date equipment and resources to meet your educational goals
- Quiet spaces that enable you to meet with your support staff
- To feel included, supported, accepted and valued
- A smoke free environment
- Confidentiality and privacy.
What we expect from each Student
CRHS – City School Programme
- To arrive ready to begin school at 9am (parent/caregiver must notify CRHS –City by 9.30 if student absent).
- To actively participate in the CRHS-City programme.
- Take responsibility for being prepared for your daily programme.
Transition PlansBe a key team member, by actively participating in your individual plan and transition goals.
- Follow school guidelines and expectations.
- Be responsible for handing in your cell phone at the beginning of each day (cell-phone can be used at lunch time).
- Musical devices can be used as negotiated with staff at individual study times.
- Be smoke free during school hours.
- Include, support, and value each other and the environment.
- Respect student confidentiality and privacy.